We will see what is a button and how to use it.
Definition: A button can either be small or large with and image or not. When clicked, it will call a specific action.
For example, consider a button control, as follows:
How to create it?
This is specified using the following code
It is possible to apply the following events to a button
- Visible: The condition requires to show the control
- Enable: The condition requires to enable the control
- Action: Define the action that will be done when the control is clicked
Let’s add the following events to the button:
- Show the button if there is more than one sheet in the Workbook
- Enable the button if there is more than two sheet in the Workbok
- When the button is clicked, display a message box saying “Well Done !!!”
Tip: In order for the ribbon to refresh when the number of sheet in the workbook changes, we need to add some code.
In the method OnOpening, we need to refresh the ribbon when there is a change on a Excel sheet.
Note: We are using the Excel application from NetOffice.ExcelApi